To give the reader an idea which issues will be discussed in this blog we include the following tentative table of contents:
- For solving the most difficult problems the best tools are required.
- A new perspective on democracy?
- Who can benefit from this blog?
II. Why optimize democracy?
- The critical present situation
- Lots of proposals – but no progress
- Burke: The good must associate, else they will fall.
III. Government Failures
- What is actually wrong with our democratic systems?
- The causes for government failures
IV. How to optimize democracy?
- Preconditions for optimizing democracy
- Systems – Thinking : Complete problem analysis and creating effective systems
- The key factors: Know-how and control
- Optimizing democracy: The fundamental structure
- The sequence of actions in optimizing democracy
- No results without citizens taking action
- Greece – A case study
V. The benefits of optimizing democracy
- From Occupy To Optimizing Democracy
- Specific benefits for the quality of policy making
VI. Alternative proposals for more effective democratic policy making
VII. Final Comments
- Optimizing Democracy – The chances for success
- The role of politicians in optimizing democracy